Reloading is the process of loading casings or shells by putting together the components of the cartridge yourself. It is sometimes referred to as hand loading.
Economy, increased accuracy, performance, commercial ammunition shortages, and hobby interests are all common motivations for hand loading both cartridges and shot shells. Reloading fired cartridge cases will save the shooter money.
Is reloading right for you?
Reloading may not be cost effective for occasional shooters, as it takes time to recoup the cost of the required equipment, but those who shoot on a regular basis will see benefit as the brass cartridge case or shotgun shell hull (the most expensive components) can be reused several times.
That said, once you decide reloading is for you, LG Outdoors is the only source you will need for all of your reloading supplies at superb prices. We have all the equipment necessary, and will deliver it right to your door. When you get that equipment, you have to learn to use it and we have over 40 manuals in stock now to assist you in learning how to reload.
Our top sellers in reloading manuals are:
- Lyman’s new 49th Edition Reloading Handbook is the latest version of their extremely popular rifle and pistol manual. The 49th Edition covers all popular new rifle calibers such as the 204 Ruger, 6.8 Rem SPC, 325 WSM, 338 Federal, 375 Ruger, 405 Winchester and the WSSM series. The 5.7x28mm, and 460 S&W are also included. This is the one handbook that should find a home on all reloading benches.
- The Barnes Reloading Manual Number 4 is an all-new reloading manual that provides an up-to-date guide for loading Barnes Bullets. Full color illustrations appear throughout the manual, and this manual gives the full range of specs covering the popular Barnes Triple-Shock™ X Bullets® (TSX™).
- The heralded Speer® Reloading Manual #14 has complete instructions – order a copy and you’ll be loading like a veteran in no time. This book has 1,150 pages of how-to information, with charts, illustrations, and photographs.
- Reloaders will find the 8th Edition Hornady® Handbook of Cartridge Reloading an invaluable resource for their bench. You’ll find over 900 pages of data on on reloading bullets, and it also has in-depth, easy-to-understand explanations of internal,external andterminal ballistics.
- Modern Reloading by Richard Lee is a summary of a lifetime of experience. No matter how much you know, you will find new and interesting information in this book. With data supplied by the powder companies, this book covers over 28,000 loads and 167 cartridges. It is a reference book you will keep forever.
When it comes to reloading equipment and all the latest manuals to keep you knowledgeable, LG Outdoors just cannot be beat.
sources: Lee Precision, Lyman Products, Barnes Bullets, Hornady, Speer Bullets, wikiReloading